6/11/13

Shopping Bags: New Beauty Products Mini Haul

Eclos Plant Stem Cells Eye Cream and Anti-Aging Cream
I've never been much of a makeup girl.  Whenever I wear much more than a light foundation, mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick, it feels unnatural to me and I don't like how my face looks.  Ok, therapy session over, on to the product.  I have however, always had a great relationship with skincare.  The way I see it, If you take care of your skin you don't need as much makeup. So I went for the one-two punch of this Eye Cream ($10) and Face Serum ($22) purchased at Walgreens.  I use the serum at night and eye cream, under a moisturizer during the day.  The serum has made a noticible difference in the texture of my skin; smoothed/reduced fine lines, so I recommend it highly!  The eye cream is good as well, I just haven't noticed a drastic change. It is important to use some kind of eye cream since the eye is most prone to wrinkles (and wear sunglasses anytime you're outside!).
 
Iman Skin Tone Evener BB Creme
I've been hearing about this miraculous BB Cream for a while now, so I decided to try some.  Low and behold, finding one in my shade was quite the challenge!  Until my friendly neighborhood "Tarjay" started carrying this miracle in a tube, by Iman.  It's lighter than foundation (perfect for the hot Florida spring and summer months) but that also means light coverage, so if you need to cover a blemish or other imperfections, this won't do the trick. It also has an SPF of 15 so no need for sunscreen! ($19.99)
 
Elf Lotion Wipes
All I can say about these is, why didn't I think of this?  I was a bit skeptical that these would work for me because I have very dry skin.  Because they were such a super clearance deal ($2.10 for 15 wipes, Target) I had to give them a try so I bought the Shea Butter and the Milk & Honey varieties.  I'm estatic to report that THEY WORK! They have a very light pleasant scent and are don't leave a sticky residue when they dry.  Your skin is left with a nice sheen and the moisturizing effects are long-lasting. 
 
Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Mascara
Volume + length in one?  'Nuff said. It's also supposed to condition lashes so that they become healthier over time ($8.99, Target). I might add that the hype is already building for this one because there were only 4 tubes left on the display and the product hasn't been out for more than a few weeks.  My only wish is for a waterproof version.
 
Milani Color Statement Lipstick
I purchased two lipsticks from the Color Statement Line $4.99, Target) to update my "Spring Look" I went for one bright (Sweet Nectar) and one neutral (Teddy Bare).  Overall the Sweet Nectar is suuuuuperbright but if I'm feeling daring, maybe for evening, I'll wear this alone.  The Teddy Bare shade is a great nude for my skin tone so I'll be wearing this a lot.  One accidental discovery; if I combine the Sweet Nectar and the Teddy Bare shades, I get a nice, pastel melon, similar to the lipstick print on the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment