4/7/13

Soul Inspired: Real Love (Part Three)

Who among us can exemplify Christ-like love toward others? For the most part, in navigating the hustle and bustle of our lives, we are consumed with self. A self-absorbed, self-centered society, such as we live in, can leave little room for caring for or about others. Yet, scripture clearly states that we are to love others (our neighbor) as ourselves.
Jesus Christ has a great compassion for mankind. In chapter 9 of the Book of Matthew (v.36) Matthew writes, "When He waw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd." In my early years as a Christian, I realized I lacked a heart-felt concern for mankind. I prayed, asking God to give me a burden for others. I asked, "Where is mine?" His answer to me was, "Pray! The more one prays, the more he will feel the burden himself."
Have compassion toward others; pray for them. Love your neighbor (others) as yourself.
And to God be the glory!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment