1/13/15

Delicious Dishes: Gluten Free Quinoa Crust Pizza

I came across this recipe on The Wholesome Dish for a gluten free quinoa crust/bread. I modified it to my taste and the ingredients I had on hand and it was utterly delicious!




Below is the recipe with my adaptions.


Ingredients
1 cup quinoa (cooked)
3 tsp. olive oil, divided
1 cup water
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. dried rosemary
½ tsp. dried basil leaves
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, add the eggs, 1 tsp. olive oil, garlic salt, rosemary, basil, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
Add the cheese to the quinoa. Stir to combine. Add the egg mixture to the quinoa. Stir until well combined.
Spread the quinoa dough into a ¼ inch, even layer on the parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes, edges should begin to brown.
Top with the pizza, or garlic bread, toppings and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Let the pizza, or garlic bread, cool for 5 minutes before slicing.



I topped my pizza crust with cheese, yellow tomatoes and more parmesan cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment