12/17/12

Hair Story: Brenda

What's your hair story?
I was fed up with relaxing, and was looking for an alternative. I found the Nappturality message board and it opened up the world of natural hair for me. I originally intended to transition for a year, but after only 4 months, my curiosity to see my "curlz" in all their glory won out; so on November 6, 2001, I decided to do the big chop! The best thing for me about being natural, is ironically, not having to worry so much about my hair. I just go about my day and let it do its thing. I pretty much forget that it's not the norm, until I get compliments or questions from total strangers.

What's your hair care routine?
I mainly wear my hair in twist outs.  I also love updos and twists but my schedule prevents much experimentation at the moment.  I wash and deep condition weekly or bi-weekly and trim whenever my hair starts to tangle excessively at the ends.

What are your 5 favorite products?
Shea Butter 
Flax Seed Gel
A mixture of coconut, olive, castor, and essential oils
Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash
Aloe vera juice


What is your advice to someone who wants to go natural?
I would encourage them to take the plunge.  The majority of us have been relaxing for so long that we don't even know what our own texture looks like or how to care for it.  Give it a try, once you give it a chance to reveal its true beauty, you may just fall in love with your natural hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment